Sunday, October 12, 2014

Project Spark: WIP project

My first creation is in the condition where I can at least show it. It took much, much longer than expected, and the reason is Kode, the programming language in the game. I sat over an hour trying to get a platform to flip every 4 seconds!
But it has been a great learning experience, and now I'm much more familiar with Kode's syntax which should make the next stage easier.

Here's a link to my project:
http://www.projectspark.com/#world?id=5759583


My To Do list for this project:


  • Add a feature that, when you fall off, will take you back to the beginning of the part where you were.
  • Add a timer, this is rather redundant at this moment, but when the leader boards feature will come online it's a nice thing to have implemented.
  • Make some signs that warn you about the exploding crates, these do not yet re-spawn, so blowing them up will result in a failed run.
  • Make the crates re-spawn, or else nobody will ever finish.
  • Extend the level, it took about 5 hours to make, but a skilled person can finish it in about 3 minutes or even less.
Remember, the game is free if you want to test my project, or create one yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment