Friday, October 3, 2014

Late with the September Loot Crate

My second loot crate was quite a miss for me. That is why it's taken so long for me to write anything about it.
Now, I don't want you to get me wrong, the items inside is quite awesome, but it's from franchises I don't care much about. I will try to be objective with the value of the crate while I will explain why this particular crate was such a miss.

courtesy of Ben Spark for the picture


The first item is the Tribble, a little hairy ball from a Star Trek episode I've never seen. I'm no huge Star Trek fan, and from what I've heard the opinions on this one is rather torn in two. I can't decide if I should gift it to a friend or to my cats. I love my cats, maybe they will love it, who knows?

Next up is the Alien action toy, made to resemble an original toy from the movies, or at least I hope that is the meaning of it. I don't have any strong feeling about this one. I think a collector would simply love it and I guess it's kinda cool.

Then we have what many think is the main attraction, and my absolute miss, the two Firefly loots. The first is a special edition action figure of Mal holding a rifle. The normal edition hold a pair of guns, but this LootCrate special has been equipped with more firepower. Also, there are a pack of real size bills from the series. I have to admit, these are rad and would have me drooling if I only cared about the series. Fans for this show really had a treat, and I know that's a lot of fans.

Also in the crate is a poster of Han Solo in carbonite, and I love it, maybe I should have it framed. It's super simple and really awesome, I just have to find a place for it to hang. There also a magnet of a Star Wars / Astroid game that's rather fun. I don't know if there's a lot of value in a magnet, but it's more fun than the ones I have now, so why not?

There's also some Pop Rocks candy, with sour apple flavor. To be honest, I haven't dared to try these, and I'm not sure that I will.

And the last loot, a code for a Halo-cartoon magazine. I haven't had time to use this code yet, but this was actually the one loot that made me the happiest, I've been thinking of reading the Halo cartoon for quite a while now and this brought me one step closer.

So, to sum it up this loot crate was okay for me, and surely great for most of their customers. I don't see it as waste of money even if it was a miss for me, I see it as gifts for my friends and readers, which is a great thing. If you're interested in any of the things from the crate leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Next Crates theme is FEAR, no, not F.E.A.R, although that could make it as one of the loots. A shirt, Walking Dead and Capcom loot is more or less confirmed, and I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment